Thursday, May 18, 2006

Oh the fabulous lazies

Summer has started. At least the season for sitting around on each other's porches/decks/patios/lawns has started in earnest and I am drinking lots of beer and chatting the night away - two of my favorite things.
Last night was spent lolling about on SJ's deck, discussing matters most important (really), analyzing our relationships, and problem-solving. All of which were improved by ice cold Lite Beer from Miller. Tomorrow night will be gathering on Gypsy's freshly decapitated weeds, Saturday is an appearance at the ex-husband's PhD hooding party (first time to see the ex-mother-in-law since the DIVORCE...hmmmmm), and Sunday is a rousing book club followed by Shay's graduation with his Master of Urban Planning regalia. So many parties, so little time.

So little time. Summer starts Monday and I will be starting a new job - taking care of my my nearly-5-year-old neice while I juggle DRE and YaYA tasks, which will wax and wane over the summer. One a half weeks later, Wonder Boy will be home for almost 3 months, and I will fill my schedule with swimming lessons, baseball games and practices, and what I think is going to be an incredibly organized rotation of tasks such as horse grooming and riding, gardening, and field trips. Riiiiight. I haven't had to set an alarm all week, and I am not looking forward to having to do so next week. Just three more days of blissful, lackadaisical, pondering.

posted by Rosie @ 5/18/2006 10:33:00 AM

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home