Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Slip sliding away

I know a woman
Became a wife
These are the very words she uses
To describe her life
She said a good day
Ain’t got no rain
She said a bad day’s when I lie in bed
And think of things that might have been
Slip slidin’ away
Slip slidin’ away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you’re slip slidin’ away

April 1 was the deadline set for me by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board, and I met it. Barely. With 3 days to spare I finally took that damn test. You know the one. The one that will allow me to qualify for all kinds of jobs that pay less than what I'm already doing and require me to work more, put my kid in after-school care, and drive at least 45 minutes one way to work. The one that allows me to put this behind my name: LMSW.
It's done, and it doesn't matter if you get a 98 or a 78, you have to get a 70 to pass, and so I passed.
Next deadline?: Monday night. Free State Brewery, 7:30. Cheap beer night and I can have one without feeling like a skanky cheater. The weight loss portion of the diet will be over officially, and I will be out on my best behavior and own recognizance to not gain back every pound I have worked hard to shed. I wish I could have a beer for every person who has said they would like to get me one when this day finally arrives, but I would be blind drunk after just a few of the rainchecks were cashed in and that is no fun for anybody. See you there, but don't feel like you have to buy me a beer. I sure hope Copperhead is on sale! I can feel one slipslidin down my scratchy throat right now.

posted by Rosie @ 3/28/2006 04:19:00 PM

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home