Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Scooby doo life

So, I am down 28.2 pounds, but according to BMI calculations, I can still lose 75 MORE pounds and be within normal weight parameters. Another 35 gone and I'll no longer be overweight, but back within normal ranges. Once in my adult life have I been within the "normal" category, and I was far from normal. I was scary thin, and obsessed with anything that went into my mouth. I was eating about 900 calories a day and riding my bike everywhere. I was very weird! My mom said I was so much more even-tempered without all that red meat in my diet. I eventually explained that I really had no will to live, and that my even-temperedness was just apathy for everything and everyone around me. You see, at 20, my mom put me on a diet, and spent a fortune to force me to lose weight. I was getting to marrying age and I needed to be made desirable so that some man could validate me by leering at me and deciding that I was worthy of his subtle abuse and less subtle manipulation for the rest of my days. My sister was a spinster at 28, and mom was not about to have 2 daughters who couldn't find husbands.

I was a Velma, and Mom wanted a Daphne. Velma is amazing. Daphne is a ditz.

posted by Rosie @ 3/14/2006 05:50:00 PM

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home