Thursday, February 23, 2006

I love mornings, and meteorologists

Ahhhhh, I have the luxury of working mostly from home. Every morning I sit with laptop in lap, drinking coffee, at least one cat nearby, watching Fox4 News, the only local news in the morning. I can't stand those Good Morning America-type shows. I'll get my national news from a reputable source - The Internet! - thank you very much. I also have a crush on the meteorologist, who is so tiny that I think I could put him in a mayonaise jar with some holes punched in the lid and keep him on a shelf in the kitchen. (Here is where I insert his name so that if he google's himself, he might learn that I stalk him thru the TV and feel flattered, but hopefully not creeped out - Don Harman) I always have a crush on a least one of our local meteorologists, as well as Jim C from Weather Channel. He seems to come to our town alot and broadcast live, although I have never bothered to get out of my chair and go hunt him down when he is broadcasting live. Usually it is snowing like mad when he is here, so getting to him does not seem reasonable. I hate winter so the closest I get to going to see him is gathering some firewood from the porch and nestling back down with the cat. Back to meteorology. I started my undergrad career as a meteorology student, but too many calculus classes that seemed irrelevant got in the way, and I came out 5 years later with a Latin American Studies degree. I wanted to study weather so that I could conquer my unreasonable fear of tornadoes. Therapy probably would have been a lot cheaper than tuition. Years later, I have mostly gotten over the tornado thing, with only a few nightmares about them annually. I think in my dreams they represent forces I can't control. Either I care less about things I can't control, or I control everything and have nothing to fear anymore. ;-)

posted by Rosie @ 2/23/2006 10:49:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home