Thursday, February 23, 2006

I wrote this yesterday...GUTS

I have a very good friend in Baghdad, serving in the Army Reserve. I have known him 15 years, and his fiance is one of my best friends. Someone from his unit was killed this week. I have never thought very hard about the possibility of him not coming home. I am sick just thinking about it. I know another guy who got sent home after his humvee got blown up. His commander was killed and his buddy lost an arm. My friend is just really messed up in the head. Is it better to wear your injury where everyone can see it, or be able to hide it so that people have to get close to you in order to figure out how damaged or scarred you are ? I was just writing privately about Mark (currently in Bagdad), and how I am so mad at him for having way more guts than I could muster, when I thought about another friend's guts... I took another best girl friend to the hospital this morning so she could have a colonscopy and endoscopy, to hopefully determine why she is sick so much. Her guts are a wreck. She just turned 30 and her live-in boyfriend couldn't be bothered to take her or pick her up. She asked what else was on the schedule for the day, and I said, "well, after I take you to your, uh, uh" and she chimed in "anal probe. If I don't laugh about it I'll scare myself to death thinking about it". She's got guts.

posted by Rosie @ 2/23/2006 10:55:00 AM

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home