Sunday, February 18, 2007

I'm going to California and I'm taking a.....

Remember that game where you had to go thru the alphabet saying what things you were taking with you on a trip to California, until at the end you were repeating 26 things in order that you were taking with you...

Well, I am taking:
attitude - a very bad one that I hope to change while there,
bathing suit - to help get rid of the attitude, not that I love my body fishbelly white and 3/4 nekkid, but some sand in my asscrack might help remind me of what is important,
comb - to detangle my beach-blown hair,
drained spirit - it has been a long Winter
earrings - one pair that I will leave in the entire trip,
friendship - going with a dear friend, seeing others from across the U.S., and making new ones,
good will - something that there is never enough of,
hymnal - I have to plan a church service while I am on "vacation",
irony - it's actually going to be as warm or warmer in Kansas than in SoCal,
jaded self - cynical and worn out,
kansas - I reek of it, and I am OK with that,
liver - my own; there will be some imbibing with old friends but I'll try to rest the liver,
mandate - from Hubby; to relax and have some fun,
non-fiction book for non-fiction book club, Radical Hospitality,
open mind - I am there to have fun but also to learn,
phone - gotta stay in touch with home,
quick smile - not enough smiles in airports,
raincoat - rain is predicted,
shoes - but not too many as I always overpack,
tampons - yay got my period right before vacation,
umbrella - again with the rain,
vibrator - just kidding, Lucile,
work - sadly, yes, I will have to do work, but on the beach is better than the office,
xenophilia - because differences are good,
yours truly - duh,
zest - something that I think I have deep inside me still, although it has been buried.

So there it is. My list of things to take with me on my working vacation with my pal Lucile. I hope to bring back a recharged, less shriveled and exhausted person that resembles the current Rosie but feels less like a person who feelss like Winter will never end.

posted by Rosie @ 2/18/2007 04:44:00 PM

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home