Friday, December 15, 2006

Bang Your Head

Let's get something straight from the get go - I was NOT a metalhead. Not a glam rocker, either. A lot of music happened and I had no idea it was even going on. I have watched VH-1 specials about the top 100 metal songs ever and Hubby cringes as I ask with every new song "who is that?" or "is that Black Sabbath?" I tried to like metal. I had a friend from work in HS (Dairy QUEEN!) who was a metalhead, and she forced me to buy a Ratt cassette on a shopping trip. I am sure I was reaching for Thompson Twins when she shoved my hand in the R's and made me pull out fourteen dollars worth of one-hit-wonder. Sigh.

Currently, I listen to the mostly drivelschlock of modern adult alternative (105.9 - favorite of cool mom's everywhere) and bounce around all the stations near those numbers, often pausing on 106.9 Country Legends (Dolly singing Jolene gives me the shivers), and I have noticed a song that has come back into rotation. "Come on feel the noise, girls rock your boys" I scream at the top of my lungs with the volume well past 11. I am transported back to a HS dance in the gym where I was dancing with a boy from Buhler and we were rocking to Quiet Riot's Cum On Feel the Noize. I danced a slow one with him next and he asked me what music I liked. My response was "Quiet Wiot". I had just developed a speech impediment AND lied in the same statement.
Metal health will drive you mad.

posted by Rosie @ 12/15/2006 08:56:00 AM

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home