Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Today will be a challenge

It has been since Monday about 10 p.m. that I have not had any cigarettes. It helped that I felt like yakking all day yesterday and I am still kinda queasy this morning but that is not stopping me from downing a pot of coffee and dumping chipotle salsa all over my sauteed veggies. I'm a glutton for punishment.

I have to ride with other people today to Omaha for a series of meetings tonight and tomorrow morning, then come back with them. I hate winter, and I especially hate going anywhere when there is a winter storm advisory, but even more, I hate it when I am not behind the wheel. And I can't smoke all the way because 1) I quit and 2) I'll be in a car with two (other) non-smokers for at least 3 hours. My goal is to sit in the back seat and sew soctopii so that my time is used wisely.

I hear tell that Sandusky, Gypsy, and GB are all quitting with me. Hmmmmmmm. I can get thru the next coupla days easily enough - I have a boatload of work to do. The real test will come when I get a drink in hand and other people are smoking around me. Even right now with laptop in lap, giant mug of coffee at my side, and the weather channel telling what's in store, I could almost gag one down, but I can break this classical conditioning situation. It's the beer in one hand that knows that there is supposed to be a smokey treat in the other hand that will really push me to the edge of my willpower. How does one deal with an oral fixation, anyway?

posted by Rosie @ 11/29/2006 08:56:00 AM

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home