Monday, November 13, 2006

Could have been the whiskey

Might have been the gin.

Remember that great party song from high school - Wasn't that a Party?

I woke up this morning with that song ringing in my head. Although I never drink gin or whiskey anymore, I sure had me some tequila, hot damn, and my beverage of choice - barley pop. I'm not sure if anything else passed my lips, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Despite the cold, the wind, and the snow/rain, dozens of friends showed up, and some fire department vols from Willow Springs Township. We didn't burn up anything really important that was not destined for the fire - that tree in the goat pasture smoldered throughout Saturday and finally died down.

Thanks for coming, everyone. You left some things behind:
Sandra Boynton book Moo, Baa, and La La La!;
A very cute stuffed monkey;
Cobalt blue thinsulate glove, on the smallish side;
Gray Eddie Bower wool jacket, size M, with one glove in one pocket and nested gloves in the other;
Gray nylon glove with black trim, largish;
metal cake pan;
some other assorted dishes (some of you know this will make me crazy).

Update: A platter with "count your blessings" on it;
A pillow in a light blue case;
a clear, colorless, glass baking dish about 7 x 11.

That's just what I found in the house. I haven't even roamed the grounds yet.
Lemme know what else you lost here and I'll take a closer look around.

See you at FSB tonight for Jim's birthday!

posted by Rosie @ 11/13/2006 09:16:00 AM

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home