Wednesday, November 15, 2006

So a funny thing happened on the way to the kitchen

Good morning! Some of you know that I have insomnia. I wake up nearly every night from about 1 to 3, and I obsessively clean, or watch TV. Last night, right on time I awoke at 12:57 and decided to bake the cookies that I am sending to the UUA Washington office (they bought me in a service auction) because I had already cleaned the pantry Tuesday morning. A slight miscalculation of the stairs and next thing I knew, I was laying (lying? - I hate that verb) through the threshold into the mud room, banging on the floor for Sean to come up from the basement and drag my black and blue ass to the hospital. (edit: Sean thinks i made it sound like he did not hear "the massive thump" as I hit the floor. He heard. I was banging the floor as I dropped several F Bombs) Mom came over and stayed all night, and she just made me bacon, eggs, and hash browns for breakfast - this rules! No one has made me breakfast without me having to pay them in years! She probably used metal on my teflon pans - oh well.
So, I am full of loritab and ibuprofen, and I am already hating crutches, and I have a minor break in my ankle with a fiberglass cast immobilizing the whole thing. I need to go to Dr. Schrader to see how we'll proceed but I am pretty sure that I won't be able to drive for a few days since I really can't move my toes. Please come see me! Please chat with me online! On gmail and YIM I am beckihomecki. You might think that I am used to being home alone most of the day since I do 80% of my work in my chair, but this is going to be hard for me. No treadmill, no up and down the stairs a thousand times, no running to the school 3x a day to deposit and retrieve kiddos, no obsessive cleaning of the coffee pot or refrigerator. Oh, I am bored already. I'll post what happens on Montel later.
So Friday - not sure if I'll be up, but I'll bathe nonetheless. David is coming over to smoke some briskets for the Last Tailgate, so feel free to come over Friday after work and entertain me with Yahtzee/Kniffel and dominoes. Maybe I can even pull out a jigsaw puzzle. Ohhhhh, I hate this.

posted by Rosie @ 11/15/2006 07:24:00 AM

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home