Thursday, October 12, 2006

These dreams go on when I close my eyes

I woke at 7:00 this morning, which is a half hour earlier than normal, and also odd since I was up well past midnight with 2 cups of coffee and 2 red beers in me. I made myself wake up because I was having one of my airplane dreams. I only have 2 kinds of recurring dreams - tornadoes and plane crashes. I'll address the tornado dreams some other time. I am never in the plane crash, but I watch them helplessly.
In this one, I was across the road from the house I grew up in (which no longer exists) with my Dad (who exists in memory... deceased 5 years), talking to some hunters. We saw 2 air force jets take off strangely away from us, then minutes later, 2 passenger jets, one larger than the other and joined at the hip (really) came hurtling from the sky and were obviously going to crash very close to us. They skidded into my dad's jobsite (our house came with the job), which was an underground storage facility for natural gas and other petroleum products and not a good place to be crashing any planes. Huge flames ensued.
Harley and Andrea were asleep in the house across Hiway 56 so I ran to the house to get them (they were fine - scared, but fine) and Dad ran to his office. By the time I found all these lost children and mothers (no male survivors except wee ones) wandering around on my lawn and got them cared for, I could not find any flames, firetrucks, Dad or his employees, or any sign of the catastophe other than a big burned skid mark leading to Dad's workplace and some mangled wreckage that used to be where he worked.

I looked at some different dream interpretation sites, and I am pretty good about figuring these things out myself, but I am curious what other people think this all means. So have at it, for fun.
Oh, I forgot... I have snake dreams when I am mad at the man in my life. I dream that there is a bad snake in the house and I am not afraid of it, but I know that it needs to be put out of the house. It hides and sometimes bites my hand, but it isn't poisonous so I don't fear it.

posted by Rosie @ 10/12/2006 10:21:00 AM

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home